PDA

View Full Version : [Release] TRM's Cthulhu Ftagn Dual-Database MaNGOS Repack (3.3.5.12340) - 32 & 64-bit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

CthulhuFtagn
20-11-10, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently trying to compile the newest MaNGOS with the newest ScriptDev2 and am having 7 persistent errors that I will try to fix here within the next few minutes.

USE THE CURRENT CORE:

EDIT: Please inject this into your MaNGOS db to play in the interim

ALTER TABLE db_version CHANGE COLUMN required_10762_01_mangos_spell_proc_event required_10746_01_mangos_mangos_string BIT;EDIT 2:
Also, go through your mangosd.conf file and make sure that the DBErrorLogFile = "" I think I left out one of the "

The only errors I see in the log are easily fixed with:

DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70781";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70856";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70857";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70858";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70859";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70861";
DELETE FROM spell_target_position WHERE id = "70860";Inject into your mangos db.

Can someone please test this and let me know if you have any problems?

Jenrick
20-11-10, 09:01 PM
Thansk CT!
I unzipped everything and injected my mangosdb with the above.
Everything seems to working ok.

CthulhuFtagn
20-11-10, 09:03 PM
Unleashed has brought some Hunter problems to my attention in Goldshire... he says "Ok, I can log in and ran with a 64 hunter real quick through goldshire. Combat is really messed up. Pet doesnt attack, and mob's do not attack you, they just stand there and then die moments later. Seems something is terribly wrong in the core with the recent updates. I didnt see much on getmango's yet.", can anyone confirm it? I can't currently run 3.3.5a.

Jenrick
20-11-10, 09:33 PM
I was in Hellfire xping with my 60 hunter and had no problems, but when i went to goldshire I was able to replicate the same problem.
It's the same problem as where mobs run at you but you can't attack, pet goes to where the mob was originally when you aggro and stands there.
You can not melee, but if you take two steps back you can range the mob.
I also got the same opcode message as well.
But everything seems ok in hellfire.
Edit :
Also noticed pets will not regenerate focus sometimes also and improved mend pet doesn't seem to remove diseases.

CthulhuFtagn
20-11-10, 09:37 PM
I'll check out the Goldshire problem.

junebuggy64
21-11-10, 01:28 AM
That goldshire issue sounds like the ZG entrance, duskwood, and booty bay issue I was having post 81 update. 79 is fine so I'll hang out there unless you want me to test anything.

mnovick1988
21-11-10, 09:15 AM
Firstly thanks, ive loved the other releases ive used here in the past.

Just wanted to ask, what is the estimation on Time to the new binary's are posted(Complied & Posted)

10763(here (http://mmopro.net/forums/f155/%5Brelease%5D-trms-cthulhu-ftagn-dual-database-mangos-repack-3-3-5-12340-32-64-bit-4286/))is suffering in-line crashing with no report(will test again on another windows box asap) with posted Database{YTDB - 351 (573_FIX_10726)}.

i cant tell if its my box, the binary's or the database. since no crash log is created and debug log just ends...

Updated database is for newer mangos Binary, attempted alteration of DB_Version Column and Creature_Template columns, for Mangos 10763 compatibility. to no change.

Appears to be a binary issue, so Post of 1076x binarys are DEARLY appreciated ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS, this may not affect you, due to Platform/OS changes. But, 10768 is having Compilation errors on I686-Linux. on my box, i have no idea if this is transparent across *unix/BSD > Windows.

IF you do have issues and are able to resolve them will you please PM me?

Archangel
21-11-10, 09:35 AM
+ Rep!

Narcoleptic
21-11-10, 10:29 AM
Friend CT i´m just checking one thing...i didnt install any new updates since 80 so i have the updates 81,82 and 83 to install...what i want to know is...do i install these updates and then use the Database updates that you uploaded and finally when you manage to make it i install update 84?? is this correct friend...?
Thanks for all your work :)

CthulhuFtagn
21-11-10, 10:45 AM
Friend CT i´m just checking one thing...i didnt install any new updates since 80 so i have the updates 81,82 and 83 to install...what i want to know is...do i install these updates and then use the Database updates that you uploaded and finally when you manage to make it i install update 84?? is this correct friend...?
Thanks for all your work :)

Sounds about right...

If you have already injected the sql code from above, this will be 84a, if not, inject both 84 and 84a sql updates.

Update Available:

MaNGOS updated to 10768
Remove useless code in PetAI::_stopAttack()
Show <overkill> value in combat logs.
Allow AURA_FORCE_MOVE_FORWARD to work on creatures and vehicles. For example, it fixes spell [68284]
Implement SPELL_AURA_MOD_PERIODIC_HEAL (259)
Implement talent 44543 and ranks charges work.
ScriptDev2 updated to 1886
Change monstersay/whisper/emote target from guid to pointer. Requires Mangos 10761+CU_0084a.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?e08wasy0hzueaok) (12.45 MB)

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6272/consolev.jpg

EDIT: I also want to reiterate about the mangosd.conf file; make sure that the DBErrorLogFile = "" I think I left out one of the "

Narcoleptic
21-11-10, 12:07 PM
Thank you so much :)
Just a small question what was the bugs that you fixed...? just a resume if you can ofc :)
Big Hug

CthulhuFtagn
21-11-10, 12:09 PM
Too many to list.

mnovick1988
21-11-10, 10:38 PM
Question though, when will the "Eye of Archereos" quest finally be fixed?.

ie: "interrupted" when clicking the control?

bigboy12
22-11-10, 07:51 AM
WARNING: Support Message Ahead

Grats on your work. You always work restlessly to try to make your repacks awesome. And they always are.

Narcoleptic
22-11-10, 12:29 PM
Too many to list.

This is just a dream but...is the pets, the rogue stealth and the training dummy in those fixes...? a guy can dream right? lol
Big Hug and don´t stop now ;)

GrandpaJohn
22-11-10, 02:17 PM
@ CT:

ok replaced the mangos folder and script dev folder like you said then applied the two 84 updates to mangos db they went in successfully then executed 84a to mangos sucessfully, when i tried to execute the 84a to scriptdev2 it executed unsucessfully with these errors

(1). [Err] 1146 - Table 'scriptdev2.version' doesn't exist
[Err] UPDATE version SET VERSION='TRM CU 0084a ScriptDev2 1886 for MaNGOS 10768';
[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully

CthulhuFtagn
22-11-10, 02:34 PM
Inject this into scriptdev2 db instead.

UPDATE sd2_db_version SET version='TRM CU 0084a ScriptDev2 1886 for MaNGOS 10768';I saw the error, it should have been sd2_db_version instead of just version...

GrandpaJohn
22-11-10, 03:28 PM
@ CT:

thanks bud that took care of it, all updates executed successfully and server booted up and running great again keep up your great work bud. I have'nt had the time to check out the things these other guys are talking about yet been busy working again,
came out of retirement for awhile.

Unleashed
22-11-10, 04:05 PM
Hey CT quick question/request. With these changes to the db recently, all malls, etc dont work anymore. I saw your post in the other forum where you made a T10 vendor. Any chance you have a new template for this? I dont need the items, etc, I will manually add all that myself, was just wondering if you had a raw sql template for creating the vendor with all the recent changes? If not, no biggie I will put one together and modify it based off your old tier 10 project. Many thanks in advance for your time and hope you and yours have a happy holiday, you to Grandpa J!

MrBytes
22-11-10, 04:16 PM
Again, my hat off to your work, I made the changes as you indicated, migrating from 83 to the 84a, without problems.
No errors in the respective burdens of the DB's !!!! Increilbe.
AHbot work OK.

My most sincere gratitude for the work you've done.

GrandpaJohn
22-11-10, 05:51 PM
Thank you Unleashed same to you

CthulhuFtagn
22-11-10, 05:58 PM
Hey CT quick question/request. With these changes to the db recently, all malls, etc dont work anymore. I saw your post in the other forum where you made a T10 vendor. Any chance you have a new template for this? I dont need the items, etc, I will manually add all that myself, was just wondering if you had a raw sql template for creating the vendor with all the recent changes? If not, no biggie I will put one together and modify it based off your old tier 10 project. Many thanks in advance for your time and hope you and yours have a happy holiday, you to Grandpa J!

Champion Unleashed
<Template Vendor>

.npc add 55000
REPLACE INTO `creature_template` (`entry`, `difficulty_entry_1`, `difficulty_entry_2`, `difficulty_entry_3`, `KillCredit1`, `KillCredit2`, `modelid_1`, `modelid_2`, `modelid_3`, `modelid_4`, `name`, `subname`, `IconName`, `gossip_menu_id`, `minlevel`, `maxlevel`, `minhealth`, `maxhealth`, `minmana`, `maxmana`, `armor`, `faction_A`, `faction_H`, `npcflag`, `speed_walk`, `speed_run`, `scale`, `rank`, `mindmg`, `maxdmg`, `dmgschool`, `attackpower`, `dmg_multiplier`, `baseattacktime`, `rangeattacktime`, `unit_class`, `unit_flags`, `dynamicflags`, `family`, `trainer_type`, `trainer_spell`, `trainer_class`, `trainer_race`, `minrangedmg`, `maxrangedmg`, `rangedattackpower`, `type`, `type_flags`, `lootid`, `pickpocketloot`, `skinloot`, `resistance1`, `resistance2`, `resistance3`, `resistance4`, `resistance5`, `resistance6`, `spell1`, `spell2`, `spell3`, `spell4`, `PetSpellDataId`, `mingold`, `maxgold`, `AIName`, `MovementType`, `InhabitType`, `unk16`, `unk17`, `RacialLeader`, `questItem1`, `questItem2`, `questItem3`, `questItem4`, `questItem5`, `questItem6`, `movementId`, `RegenHealth`, `equipment_id`, `vendor_id`, `mechanic_immune_mask`, `flags_extra`, `ScriptName`) VALUES (55000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 29856, 0, 0, 0, 'Champion Unleashed', 'Template Vendor', '', 0, 80, 80, 12600, 12600, 3994, 3994, 9633, 35, 35, 128, 1, 1.14286, 1, 0, 391, 585, 0, 146, 1.1, 2000, 2000, 2, 33282, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 313, 468, 117, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, 3, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1969, 0, 0, 2, '');This template is a neutral NPC, you can change his modelid_1 number for a different display if you'd like. Once you summon him, you can click on him and then type:

.npc additem IDexample: If want to add [Wrathful Gladiator's Quickblade] (http://www.wowhead.com/item=51447) I would click on him and then type

.npc additem 51447or, if you know how to do it in the DB you can do it manually.

(There's also the Quice way)

INSERT INTO `npc_vendor` (`entry`, `item`, `maxcount`, `incrtime`, `ExtendedCost`) VALUES
(55000, 51447, 0, 0, 0);You can increment the 55000 to 55001 to create another vendor, etc... and then just change display id, name, etc.

If you want a particular display ID for a creature, humanoid, etc, just ask and I'll get it for ya.

Unleashed
22-11-10, 07:45 PM
Thank you very much. I will put this to use here in a bit, after the holidays, and work settles down a bit (If that ever happens lol) Thank you again for taking the time out for the above.

Narcoleptic
23-11-10, 06:57 AM
Inject this into scriptdev2 db instead.

UPDATE sd2_db_version SET version='TRM CU 0084a ScriptDev2 1886 for MaNGOS 10768';I saw the error, it should have been sd2_db_version instead of just version...

Friend sorry to ask this but like i said before i don´t know how to do this...can you explain me how can i inject this on the scriptdev2...? sorry :(
Thanks

CthulhuFtagn
23-11-10, 10:17 AM
You can always just copy & paste it into a text file which you can name update.sql and then use it like you would any normal update.

Narcoleptic
23-11-10, 01:57 PM
Thank you so much friend :)
Big Hug

Jenrick
23-11-10, 08:31 PM
Silly question but I think I have everything set to how it's supposed to be for a pvp type server, this is in Mangosd.conf :

AllowTwoSide.Accounts = 1
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Chat = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Channel = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Group = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Guild = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Auction = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Mail = 0
AllowTwoSide.WhoList = 0
AllowTwoSide.AddFriend = 0
TalentsInspecting = 1
You can't group but you can see both sides on who list as well as tells.
Is it because I set twoside accounts to true?

AwolOne
24-11-10, 12:40 AM
Just posting to say thanks for the awesome Repack. Truly one of the best I have encountered. Cheers.+rep

CthulhuFtagn
24-11-10, 09:36 AM
Silly question but I think I have everything set to how it's supposed to be for a pvp type server, this is in Mangosd.conf :

AllowTwoSide.Accounts = 1
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Chat = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Channel = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Group = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Guild = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Auction = 0
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Mail = 0
AllowTwoSide.WhoList = 0
AllowTwoSide.AddFriend = 0
TalentsInspecting = 1
You can't group but you can see both sides on who list as well as tells.
Is it because I set twoside accounts to true?

Look under the Game Master Settings portion, if your toon is a GM they'll be able to see both sides.

################################################## ################################################## ###############
# GAME MASTER SETTINGS
#
# GM.LoginState
# GM mode at login
# Default: 2 (last save state)
# 0 (disable)
# 1 (enable)
#
# GM.Visible
# GM visibility at login
# 0 (invisible)
# 1 (visible)
#
# GM.AcceptTickets
# Is GM accepting tickets from player by default or not.
# 0 (disable)
# 1 (enable)
#
# GM.Chat
# GM chat mode at login
# 0 (disable)
# 1 (enable)
#
# GM.WhisperingTo
# Is GM accepting whispers from player by default or not.
# 0 (disable)
# 1 (enable)
#
# GM.InGMList.Level
# Max GM level showed in GM list (if visible) in non-GM state (.gm off)
# 0 (none)
# 1 (only moderators)
# 2 (only gamemasters)
# Default: 3 (anyone)
#
# GM.InWhoList.Level
# Max GM level showed in who list (if visible).
# 0 (only players)
# 1 (only moderators)
# 2 (only gamemasters)
# Default: 3 (anyone)
#
# GM.LogTrade
# Include GM trade and trade slot enchanting operations in GM log if it enable
# Default: 1 (include)
# 0 (not include)
#
# GM.StartLevel
# GM starting level (1-100)
# Default: 1
#
# GM.LowerSecurity
# Disallow a lower security member to interact with a higher one using commands
# Default: 0 (disable)
# 1 (enable)
#
# GM.AllowAchievementGain
# If enabled it allows gaining achievements for GM characters
# Default: 1 (enable)
# 0 (disable)
#
################################################## ################################################## ###############

GM.LoginState = 2
GM.Visible = 2
GM.AcceptTickets = 2
GM.Chat = 2
GM.WhisperingTo = 2
GM.InGMList.Level = 3
GM.InWhoList.Level = 3
GM.LogTrade = 1
GM.StartLevel = 1
GM.LowerSecurity = 0
GM.AllowAchievementGain = 1Update Available

MaNGOS updated to 10781
Use BattleGround(AV)TeamIndex enum types in AV battleground code.
Fixed warning in ReputationMgr::SetReputation.
Allow ITEM_ENCHANTMENT_TYPE_COMBAT_SPELL to proc on special attacks too.
Make AI call OwnerKilledUnit() more proper.
Fixed invisibility detection for new invisibility types.
Explictly include Threading.h into CliRunnable.h
Not mark `reputation_spillover_template` empty state as error.
Use separate vars to indicate whether reputation needs to be sent or needs to be saved.
Implement more generic reputation spillover.
Fixed crash at empty build list in realm string.
Fixed build for different PostgreSQL version at diff platforms.
Explictly include Threading.h into WorldRunnable.h
Fixed auction items filering by quality.
Fixed trainer flags uses for pet trainers.
ScriptDev2 updated to 1890
Add support for quest 11093.
Add support for quest 12138 and 12198.
Add dummy aura effect of spell 47799.
Making one quest become not so bloody imp-ossible, using new AI call OwnerKilledUnit.
Add new class ScriptedPetAI that can be used with certain pet types.
YTDB updated to 354 (574_FIX_10779)
All fixes from forum.
Fix spawn.
Quest scripts.
Mob's gossip menus.

CU_0085.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?zqsv6178e1c4bug) (12.49 MB)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9813/consolen.jpg

GrandpaJohn
24-11-10, 02:19 PM
@ CT;

Update 85 executed successfully, no errors , server booted up and runnning great keep up your awesome work bud

for info in the sentinel hill area mobs are unattackable unless you use magic then when they die they go back to their spawning start area

chanter100
24-11-10, 02:58 PM
Yeah still issues with mobs in a bunch of areas (and pets) even all updated to 85. I am staying with 79 still. I keep a backup of the server in two states.. 85 and 79.. 79 works 85 is messed up.

CthulhuFtagn
24-11-10, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to try something drastic and hope it works.

EDIT:

Download: mysql.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bk4iyoxzw4ra11d) (28.69 MB)

I would ask that you backup your characters and accounts before doing this. Also, I would ask that you backup any custom NPCs, vendors, or malls you've created.

As a lot of changes have been made, you may also want to delete inside your World of Warcraft/Cache/ folder.

1. Stop the MySQL.bat file or use the previous instructions to stop the MySQL service.
2. Paste the extracted mysql folder into the C:\Server\ folder and allow to overwrite all files.
3. Restart the MySQL service or MySQL.bat file.

Please verify that the problems you were having are gone. If it is verified that they are gone I will then proceed with updating the main core and files on the first post.

chanter100
25-11-10, 12:29 AM
after a few seconds, mangos crashes for me with that.. If I copy my character and realmd it works but still has issues with mobs and pets.

MrBytes
25-11-10, 02:05 AM
I have no problem with pets, what problem is what are you ?

My rev. 84a

chanter100
25-11-10, 07:36 AM
Go to Booty Bay with one. I think it happens in duskwood also, possibly goldshire as someone posted earlier. The pets will just sit there. They will not follow or attack. It seems to be related to the same zones where the mobs don't do anything. Aggro one and they move two steps and stop. You can only attack them with ranged, magic, or by standing melee in the position where you first aggro'ed them. You can then fight them without them fighting back. When they die, their body goes back to where you aggro'ed them. It's like they never really moved...

I haven't tested every zone but it only seems to be some early level ones. I had a bunch of people on my server as level 40 or lower in the center of duskwood killing the dragon boss and other elite mobs easily. Not to mention farming the elite's outside ZG..

CthulhuFtagn
25-11-10, 10:01 AM
after a few seconds, mangos crashes for me with that.. If I copy my character and realmd it works but still has issues with mobs and pets.
I have not had a crash yet. And I was unable to re-create the pet problem.

CthulhuFtagn
25-11-10, 10:39 AM
I'll wait until someone like GranpaJohn, Unleashed, or agamoose test it for me then I'll make a determination.

chanter100
25-11-10, 10:46 AM
I don't get why it works with a copy of the server at 79 update but as soon as I go higher it breaks.. I think it's 81 when they added all those gossip things.

Go to booty bay and pets stop.. period.. Then actually go fight mobs, specifically in duskwood and the elites outside of ZG. Attack and then back away.. they won't follow but still be in combat..

CthulhuFtagn
25-11-10, 10:49 AM
Well, I'm going to head out for a Thanksgiving day shopping spree with the wife and then come back, hopefully by then GJ, Unleashed, or aga have tested and I can verify your assumptions, if it's found to be correct I may retrograde the server to 79, but update the database with all my fixes.

GrandpaJohn
25-11-10, 10:53 AM
@ CT:

did what you said to do with the mysql, no crashes but the mobs in sentinel hill still are unattackable except by magic

Jenrick
25-11-10, 11:27 AM
Are you guys that are having problems using the mysql within the server directory?

GrandpaJohn
25-11-10, 11:41 AM
@ Jenrick:

is there any other sql to use ? yes thats the one im using the one that came with the server

Jenrick
25-11-10, 12:03 PM
I already had mysql installed running other things along with mangos so I haven't been using his configuration.
I noticed that he included a change for the sql conf in that last patch, so I was curious if the problems were from perhaps not using the sql that he provides.
I'm in the process of building a completely separate server just for CT's repack, since I believe it's the best repack out there and use his distribution of mysql.

And on that note, Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and happy shopping for today and black friday, good deals out there for those looking to build a server =)

chanter100
25-11-10, 03:51 PM
The SQL in the server directory is the only one I have also. Note, I've been running this since update 29 or around there with no issues. Wasn't til 81 or something I started having issues.. Mine is running on a dedicated machine, win server 2008 r2, 4 gb ram, fully updated. Well i guess I'm running a minecraft server on it also...

Unleashed
25-11-10, 08:36 PM
I set up another server with clean install today. Did all updates, and confirm the same as GJ. I am travelling the next couple days, but after that I will delete this install, and build one to 79, and then 80 and see where the differences are. I saw some comments here that 79 is good to go. Just wanted to confirm, that what GJ said is 100% accurate, no crashes, but still issues with the mobs like before. Happy T-Day to one and all, have a safe holiday.

mnovick1988
26-11-10, 03:59 AM
ill give it a test here, my setup is not as good as others.

Debian linux, using MySQL version 5.1.49. The binary's are running on Windows XP 64bit(W2k3 64). 6gb of rm on binary host, 14gb of ram on database host.

--update

After testing, still cant attack in Elwyn forest and cant open certain items. water barrels and crates.

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 10:25 AM
* sigh * ... ok, gonna retrofit to 79 and add my updates to the database... this will take a little bit. See you in a few.

EDIT: Ok, here goes nothin'

RETRO
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7DQnMyyqDAI/Slu5_xmWMmI/AAAAAAAADg4/VYcO-7aGucs/s400/80s+retro+3.jpg

Download:
Server.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?sacmcdeus4u6cbl) (39.73 MB)

This is a retro update to 79, but I've added a lot of DB updates that won't affect pets or ai scripts.

1. Stop the MySQL.bat or MySQL service.
2. Cut & Paste the extracted Server folder to C:\ and allow to overwrite all files
3. Restart the MySQL.bat or MySQL service.
4. Delete inside of the World of Warcraft\Cache\ folder.

Let me know if pets and enemies are doing the same thing... help me Obi-Won Kenobi, you're my only hope.

GrandpaJohn
26-11-10, 12:48 PM
@ CT:

don't know whats wrong server boots up ok but it won't let me log in just sits there on connecting

it created the account still doing the same thing

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 12:57 PM
Did you check to see if your account was still in there? Try creating a new account using the

.account create NAME
.account set gmlevel NAME 3
.account set addon NAME 2

GrandpaJohn
26-11-10, 01:37 PM
@ CT:

i just recopied all the server files again created a brand new account and it still just sits on connecting

chanter100
26-11-10, 03:18 PM
For me, I kept my realmd.conf and mangos.conf, also keeping characters and realmd folders in the mysql (so I don't lose characters) but copied everything else and everything is working for me!

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 03:21 PM
Hey GranpaJohn, I just completely redid mine as well and used my new files and I had no problems, just like chanter100. Can you backup your characters and realmd databases, use my new files and then tell me if you have the same problem... we'll narrow it down and kick it's butt.

EDIT: Empty your World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ folder and then try logging in again

GrandpaJohn
26-11-10, 04:01 PM
@ CT:

well just added the characters and realmd db emptied the wtf accounts and tried to log in still the same thing

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 04:05 PM
What I meant was, use MY new folder inside the extracted server directory without re-inputing your characters and realmd.

Then, if it works, you can send me your realmd and characters DBs and I can try to convert them.

BTW, what version is your characters db up to?

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry for putting you all through this... I guess it'll teach me a lesson that newer doesn't necessarily mean better.

GrandpaJohn
26-11-10, 04:24 PM
@ CT:

ok i've remerged the servers again nothing in wow cache or the wtf accounts folders and my chars db is 10664_01, realmd db 10008_01

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 04:26 PM
Restart your machine, make sure you've got your maps, dbc, vmaps folders as usual (you already know this, because you're the man)... and fire her up. Then we'll figure out why your old characters db isn't working.

chanter100
26-11-10, 04:46 PM
So it's a mangos update that caused the issues? not something you did special?

CthulhuFtagn
26-11-10, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the guys over at mangos are screwing with things that already worked.

GJ and I just had a phone conversation, we found out it was his realmlist.wtf file and his realmlist portion of his DB had different hosts (ip addresses), we fixed it.

GrandpaJohn
26-11-10, 05:28 PM
@ CT:

hey tried to change it to my host and it just stays at connecting i can log in with the 127.0.0.1 but not through the lan

Edit: figgured it out its my host as soon as i put my ip address in i could connect again i think thats what the problem was all along

Edit: yup thats what it was all along no-ip.org had removed my host because of a lack of activity i didn't up date it. go figgure it was me just ole GJ lol

Jenrick
27-11-10, 06:29 AM
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

2010-11-27 04:25:21 Using World DB: TRM Retrograde
2010-11-27 04:25:21 Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.7 - Full Release for Mangos (3.3.5a Client)
I'm up and running, haven't throughly tested yet but the problem with pets seems to be gone when I try out goldshire

CthulhuFtagn
27-11-10, 11:34 AM
I've decided to install Fedora onto a Virtual Machine and compile for Linux as well... showin' the Linux love.

Click to enlarge:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7622/linuxlovesm.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/738/linuxloveb.jpg)

Compilin'...
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1897/compilesm.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2466/compile.jpg)

Once I've got it compiled, up-to-date and tested I'll release it. I'm probably going to make a new topic because, as you can see, when we get over 100 pages it's hard to find anything. It will contain the Windows and Linux versions of the TRM Retro Repack as well as some new tools and a completely rewritten tutorial on how to install/update.

mnovick1988
27-11-10, 03:47 PM
i do have to say thnks!

MrBytes
27-11-10, 04:42 PM
Very good idea !! , waiting.

I love linux too

chanter100
27-11-10, 08:27 PM
Hey does this repack with with Macs? As in can someone running the correct version of wow client connect? I have a lot of people connecting with windows but I have my first mac user. He's on the right client and it gets stuck on handshaking.. Is it me or him?

CthulhuFtagn
27-11-10, 11:14 PM
Yes, as long as his realmlist.wtf file is correct and he's running 3.3.5.12340, he should be able to connect.

mnovick1988
30-11-10, 07:29 AM
Could you post a link to it here, as soon as its ready? navigating the forums, is like driving in NJ.

chanter100
03-12-10, 11:05 AM
If you ever want to compile a new release for mangos, I'd be happy try download it and test if they have the AI and pet stuff right.

Narcoleptic
08-12-10, 06:40 AM
Sorry to ask this but i really need some help...i have update 84a installed and i want to install the retro update to 79 and of course keep my charater and realm configuration...how can i do this...? do i need to install update 85 and then use the retro 79 or i just use the retro update on top of 84a...?? and how do i keep my characters and configurations...what folders should i keep?
Thanks

Don´t let this repack die!

Narcoleptic
09-12-10, 11:19 AM
Please someone help me...:(

GrandpaJohn
09-12-10, 02:07 PM
@ Narcoleptic:

just follow CT's directions and you should be alright i did and i didn't loose my characters or accounts they should work ok

Narcoleptic
11-12-10, 05:58 AM
Oki sorry about that i was a little confused but after all it was very easy :) everthing is working fine and i checked Duskwood and those stuffs and working fine ;)
Any signs of a new mega hiper super update friend...?
Big Hugs to all who have worked for this :)

amena
11-12-10, 12:05 PM
man Good job !!! this repack is perfect ;pppp .... pls say me how can I repair DK starts tallents to be 71 :) (i`m make the server istant 80)

CthulhuFtagn
12-12-10, 07:51 PM
I can re-implement my talent point stone; it's an item that gives DKs 71 talent points. I'm currently trying to get a Cataclysm server up and running... it's mind-boggling atm, but I'm hoping to get it atleast functional soon.

partypartyparty
12-12-10, 08:39 PM
I can re-implement my talent point stone; it's an item that gives DKs 71 talent points. I'm currently trying to get a Cataclysm server up and running... it's mind-boggling atm, but I'm hoping to get it atleast functional soon.

Awesome, I can't wait!

marko94
12-12-10, 09:22 PM
What's up dude, it's been a while since I posted here. Glad to see that your server is still constantly updated and also I see that you are working on Cataclysm server.
Good job as always and I hope your Cata server will be succesful as this one. Cheers

LOLY12
13-12-10, 08:23 AM
wanted to know what all is working in this repack and what not? can anyone tell me please

GrandpaJohn
13-12-10, 09:06 AM
@ CT:

Ok you go bud you the man, just waiting for it don't want to go and buy the expansion until i know for sure you have a working repack and we will be able to transfer the characters i hope, but if not oh well we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

@ Marko:

hey there bro glad to see you're still around its been awhile since you've been on here
and Happy Holidays to you too.

marko94
13-12-10, 08:09 PM
@ Marko:

hey there bro glad to see you're still around its been awhile since you've been on here
and Happy Holidays to you too.

Thanks and happy holidays to you too !

amena
15-12-10, 11:13 AM
well... where can i find this stone (for talents)

agamoose
15-12-10, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

Let me start by saying great job in keeping the updates coming CT and I have to say I am looking forward to have a Cata server to go at. I have been mega busy with work and all think it has something to do with the time of year =D. As a heads up I have a live cata account now so once your up and running I will do my best at testing for you to get as blizz like as possible.

Peace out for now

The Moose

Unleashed
16-12-10, 06:42 AM
Happy holidays everyone, been busy on the road, hopefully have some time at start of the year, just wanted to thank CT for his hard work, and wish all a happy holiday season!

Narcoleptic
18-12-10, 06:51 AM
What a want for christmas is a Cataclysm repack made by CT :) and i would be happy the whole year ;)
Big Hugs to all and happy holidays :)

chanter100
19-12-10, 12:03 PM
Nah, mangos isn't anywhere near a cataclysm release. Cactusemu has one but nothing works. SO I'd rather ct release the latest 3.3.5 and see if more things are fixed, including our mob issue in everything past update 79.

Narcoleptic
20-12-10, 11:37 AM
Damn you´re Right!! Dear CT i want that for christmas ;)
Big Hug

agamoose
21-12-10, 04:48 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all since from this point on I will more than likely be too busy to get a look on here till after x-mas and the new year.

HassV
24-12-10, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the Repack, it will be that CthulhuFtagn you can place update CU_083 does not reach lower it thank you very much and great job.

CthulhuFtagn
28-12-10, 04:58 PM
Sorry I've been gone so long... holdays in California, my Anniversary today, and then new years... see you soon.

aussie
28-12-10, 05:41 PM
dude have a nice Anniversary with your wife and family today and have a happy new year see you back in the new year

p.s and a happy new year to all

Kikassen
29-12-10, 11:18 PM
Having a problem getting the server to work.

This is the first time that I've ever messed with a private server. (Besides Amber mangos)

I think that I have followed the directions posted on the first page, but I can't manage to make it work, so apparently I am missing something.

I downloaded the Server, Map_DBC, vmap, and the CU0085.

I start out by extracting all the files to my desktop. Then, I put the server folder onto my C:\ drive. I add the DBC/Map folders into C:\Server\MaNGOS\Win32 folder. I run mysql_installservice, then go into my C:\Server\MaNGOS\Win32 folder and run Restarter. It finds the files, loads up the Realmd, but, Mangosd.exe keeps crashing.

Any thoughts of what to do? Thanks in advance.

[I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.]
[Also, have a laptop I want to set it up on that uses 64 bit Vista. I did the 64 bit on it aswell and can't get it to work]

Ataeric
30-12-10, 01:48 PM
Go to a command prompt and run the mangos.exe from inside the command prompt. It will tell you what is causing mangos to crash. If you can't get it to work from there type your crash message here and we can go from there.

Kikassen
30-12-10, 06:42 PM
Everything works until I add the CU0085. Maybe I am doing it wrong? I use SQLyog to do the DB updates and then I copy and paste the Win32 and x64 folders into my Mangos folder and replace the ones currently in there... Is this wrong?

chanter100
01-01-11, 01:36 PM
only go up to 79, anything after is just messy.

Torak Firenze
27-02-11, 09:21 AM
Cthulhu has done a great job with this repack. I'd recommend it to all who wish to run a server :) +rep

Torak Firenze
28-02-11, 02:35 AM
You need to put the vmaps folder inside your Server\Mangos\win32 or x64 folder. That'll fix it :)

colvinjmathew
06-03-11, 11:19 PM
http://wallbase2.org/rozne/882727d12ca84545a2efbf6b8cc1a5fa/wallpaper-9842.jpg

tnt070
27-03-11, 10:55 PM
nevermind i found it

tnt070
27-03-11, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know the displayid for thunderfury its not coming up

technique
07-04-11, 03:38 PM
30606 is the display id for Thunderfury.

Empøwered
07-04-11, 04:12 PM
nice thanks

macelaru
15-04-11, 06:44 AM
I have some problems with apache and mysql. First when i open MySQL : Can't find messagefile 'Server\mysql\share\english\errmsg.sys" but that file exist in that folder . how can i make it work? And at apache : only one usage of each socket adress (protocol/network adress/port)is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind to adreess 0.0.0.0:80 . but i change it in 127.0.0.1 . I dont know what to do with these things.. please help me:). Thanks

Torak Firenze
05-05-11, 12:00 AM
@macelaru is your server located in C:\ or elsewhere?

macelaru
07-05-11, 07:57 PM
My server is located in C:\Drive

ohdude12
27-05-11, 06:07 AM
good repack thxs

Compudevil
30-05-11, 08:01 AM
Awesome repack, thanks!

DJsniperwolf
03-06-11, 01:08 PM
Hey, been lurking for a while. couple questions..

1. Is this more complete than the 3.3.5 Winkdogs repack, My players are hating me and having mass issues with most quests that require an NPC to guide or follow you, etc. Eye of Archerus..

2. Will it be difficult to get all my players characters transferred over to the updated, databases. I don't want them to lose they're achievements and such.

Thanks!

DJsniperwolf
05-06-11, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately it seems that outland has so many broken quests it is actually worse then my old repack!? what gives?? Kick down the source man so that the fixes can be applied..

Death knight quests 90% Broken..

Outland quests such as burning of the towers, etc. completely broken now "They were working flawlessly on my previous repack."

Lich king randomly goes visible/invisble through out quest chain

Most place holder quests or NPC escort quests do not work.

Training dummies still follow you. "Could have sworn this was handled PATCHES ago..

Death knight summon does not work

Argent dawn <- I think this never worked lol..

I can keep going. Will continue to get feedback from players....

Bummer, because I went through hell updating, migrating, etc. just to have more broken quests than before.

HELP!

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Not trying to complain... But my players are... :( Think it would be possible to find a database that works with this server build that is not so much more complete, but with more of the quests actually WORKING. Again my winkdogs repack had much more of the quests (even in outland) working. Eye of acherus still busted, that is what i was hoping for to be fixed.

DJsniperwolf
06-06-11, 03:51 PM
No armory support :mad:

mythica123
02-07-11, 03:37 PM
Nice repack +rep :D

YourFriend
03-07-11, 02:06 PM
Good explaining

Persisting
20-07-11, 07:00 PM
Hahahaha nice :D

lxs45
01-08-11, 12:21 AM
Working perfectly up to CU79.

dummyadress
03-08-11, 12:29 PM
First: Hai all :) Im new here and just work myself through stuff.
Second: Thanks for this repack and all the work you put into it.

Thought I start with this repack. I followed the instructions on the entry post as far as I could. I went through a lot of other pages in this huge thread, but the links provided to the tutorials on how to apply the updates are dead(Yeah.. I changed the **** to mmofuse :p ). It would be nice to add some new tutorial or a link in the entry post. Or maybe just another explanation right here :p

What I did so far: Set up my W2k8R2 64bit, install vcredist and .NET4, all MS updates... downloaded from entry post: Server_w_CU_0079.zip and extracted it to C:\ extracted 3.3.5a_maps_dbc.zip to C:\Server\MaNGOS\x64 (point 4. of entry post). Then I stopped and unpacked database_updates.zip to C:\Server\mysql\data and not even sure that was the right time for it... thought I do it before I start mysql.bat / installing the service.

So... do I need to undo the last step or can I move on with the 5. step? What do I do next in any case? How do I apply updates after 79 (assuming I dont need any previous ones and that I want the ones after 79.. I read the ones after were "messy".. so avoid?)

Appreciate help :)

TerraWoW
06-08-11, 06:24 PM
Im Totaly going to try it when my New Desktop Comes ;) +rep

babikool
09-08-11, 10:52 PM
i want to be a king in this game

randy336
11-08-11, 07:01 AM
Looks good :)

MaSalazarL
23-01-12, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but when I download the repack did not come are the. Conf files (realmd.conf andmangosd.conf) nesesito someone help me or pass me the files =) is the muxo GRATEFULif I can send the salazar. [email protected]

help please
=)

Shugoland
16-07-12, 10:48 PM
thanks for all :cool: